We welcome short contributions to this blog, particularly those that address any of our current research project themes, or present human rights as a broad interdisciplinary subject that requires interaction between the humanities, social sciences, and other academic areas.
Do check if your contribution would be more suitable for one of our dedicated project blogs, such as the Extreme Energy Initiative.
Who can contribute?
We welcome contributions from academics, practitioners and postgraduate students at all levels in the field of human rights or linked fields such as migration studies, development or conflict.
We particularly welcome submissions from research students who may want to share fragments of their preliminary research, or who wish to link their research to current affairs and policy issues. We aim to publish these posts quickly, and will share them on social media and through our mailing lists.
How to contribute
Send the title and a brief summary of your post (or a draft version) to HRC@sas.ac.uk.
Please also let us know who you are (include a short bio of 100 words which you are happy for us to publish) and why you are submitting an article on this issue.
- Articles can be anything from 500 to 2000 words;
- Add hyperlinks to relevant sources and background information;
- Add a short list of references in the end if necessary (footnotes can only be included in exceptional circumstances);
- Include a photo or image (with a caption), and ensure you have permission to use it (we can source one from Shutterstock for you, or you can access them free from Getty Images);
- Please write in an accessible way, particularly considering this is a multidisciplinary academic blog.